When it comes to selecting the kind of grass that will look best in your lawn, it is important to consider some characteristics rather than just focusing on whether it will look good or no. If you are looking to buy the best turf available in the market, then there are some things for you to take care of. A lot of your questions will move away if you choose to decide what kind of qualities you want in your lawn grass. Once you are done with that, you will get closer to finding the perfect match.
Following are some things that you need to consider before you search for your perfect kind of grass.
• If you wish to get a green lawn in the summer then, it is best if you choose a warm-season grass for that purpose. There are plenty of options available for you in warm season grasses such as Bermuda, Zoysia, and buffalo because all of them work best in warm temperatures. However, they also come with some drawbacks like, they will become brown during the winter season, but you can season them with some seeds of cool-season grasses, in order to keep your grass looking green.
• If you wanting to keep your grass as green as possible, you need to go for cool grass like Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, or fescues. These kinds of grasses have the tendency to grow even faster in the cool seasons. You must keep in mind that if you are looking in those areas where the climate is hot and the summers are long, then you will have to maintain your lawn by watering it a lot. There are different types of maintaining procedures for every type of grass.
• When we talk about doing additional irrigation, then you need to pick famine tolerant species, the kind that grows deep roots. For that purpose, you can go for buffalo grass, Bermuda, fescues, and Zoysia because all of these grasses reply on infrequent and deep irrigation and it all depends on the amount of rainfall. For those of you who like to save water, perennial ryegrass and Kentucky bluegrass are not the best options. The reason behind this is that they are very water dependent.
• If you want to plant in sandy soil, you can go for Zoysia and Bermuda because they work best in sandy soil. On the other hand, it doesn’t matter if the soil composition is not good; the only thing that matters is that the drainage is good.
• If you wish to plan in a loamy or clay soil, then you can pick perennial rye or Kentucky bluegrass to get loamy and rich soil. However, buffalo grass is also a great tolerant for all types of soil, but it works best in soils which have less clay.
• If you have a sunny lawn, using Bermuda and buffalo grass Brisbane will be best because they love the sunlight. Although, some cool-seasoned grasses also love the sunlight.